Amwell Medical Group®
Provide critical psychiatric care to patients in a way that's convenient for them—and you.
Focus on patients, let us take care of the rest
Psychiatry Associate Job Description
Amwell Medical Group®, a cutting-edge virtual care clinical practice, manages a national psychiatry practice. We practice psychiatry across all 50 states - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our providers are both single- and multi-state licensed and credentialed to work with our client referrals across the country.
Your role: Amwell Medical Group is seeking board-certified psychiatrists to join the team on a contract basis to diagnose and treat patient referrals. This individual will join a team of other psychiatrists and shall serve in a clinical role for Amwell Medical Group, providing online psychiatric initial evaluations and medication management follow-up visits to patients. You will provide mental, behavioral, and emotional guidance on Amwell's video-based, HIPAA compliant virtual care platform. You will function under the leadership of the medical director for psychiatry and have the full support of Amwell Medical Group's clinical practice group, as well as our 24/7 technical support team.
This a work from home position - appointments will be scheduled in advance, based on your availability. There are no terms to the contract. Initial visits last 45 minutes in length and follow-up visits last 15 minutes in length.
- Medicaid eligible
- Board Certification in Psychiatry (in good standing with Medical Board)
- Hold an active, unrestricted state license
- Hold an active, unrestricted DEA license
Duties may include:
- Responsible for providing direct-to-consumer care to patients primarily at home
- Diagnose and provide treatment to individuals with behavioral and emotional disorders
- Work as an Independently Contracted physician for a minimum of one hour per week
- Research and refer clients to community resources
- Complete basic trainings required before being able to practice on the Amwell system
- Adhere to policies and procedures set forth by the telepsychiatry medical director
It’s easy to get started
If you have any questions you can talk to one of our recruiters today.
Increase access to healthcare and earn extra income with virtual care. The self-enrollment application will take about 10 minutes to complete.
Credentialing and training
Complete our industry-leading online training that includes virtual care best practices, how to use the platform, webside manner, and clinical protocols.
Treat patients online
We'll fill up your virtual waiting room with patients by leveraging our partnerships with 2000+ hospitals and health systems,